Friday, 29 July 2011

Fairy Tale Friday - #4

It’s Friday again, and that can only mean one thing, time to catch up with this week’s happenings at Teddy Bo Towers.
Yesterday we went on a shopping expedition to help Edna choose her Mother of the Bride outfit as her daughter is getting married in a couple of months. What a disaster, everyone had their own idea of what would make the perfect outfit and the squabbling began the minute we climbed out of the mini-bus, Tammy suggested going to Slimy and Sweaty as they were having a 50% sale on their rubber wear, but Claire thought Gowns for Grannies, would be better, although I think that was mainly due to the fact that they are the only place that still sells Claire’s favourite knickers, there’s not many places left to buy bloomers these days and Claire does like her bits to be warm and well covered, which is why she favours the flannelette type. Edna was having none of it, she knew exactly where she wanted to shop and dragged us all off to Cheap and Tarty!
The first outfit she tried on consisted of tight red silk hot pants, six inch high white stilettoes, red fishnet stockings and a black lacy halter neck top, as you will know if you read last week’s post Edna doesn’t wear a bra, so we thought that this outfit would be unsuitable as the top was a little see-through!!!
She tried on a couple more things, but nothing was quite right and then disaster struck, as Edna was trying on a strapless black leather corset mini dress, that laced up the sides, and thigh length leopard print boots, with a 3 inch platform. Bev, who had hired a shopmobility scooter as her pain meds hadn’t kicked in yet, sneezed, moving the controller as she did so and pushing her foot down on the accelerator, the scooter shot across the room, right into Claire who landed in the basket on the front, legs akimbo, skirt flying up in her face and exposing her favourite lilac chintz bloomers - but as Claire landed in the basket, she knocked Bev’s hand which was still tightly gripping the controls, the scooter swerved sharply and headed straight through the store’s plate glass window, dropped 20 feet and landed in the middle of the shopping centre’s fountain. Edna ran to the window to make sure they were all right, but she tripped and fell forward, her boobs falling out of the corset dress as she did so, they cushioned her fall, but she slid along the floor on them and right through the hole in the window left by Bev’s scooter. Claire who was struggling to get out of the basket, got the fright of her life when Edna landed head first in her lap.
Edna had to be taken off to hospital once again, this time to have the splinters removed from her chest, but she had a little glint in her eye as she knew she would get to see her dishy doctor again, and could be heard singing Wig-wam bam gonna make you my man, wam bam bam gonna get you if I can, as she was loaded into the ambulance.
Needless to say, she still doesn’t have an outfit so I can see another shopping trip looming, I may be on holiday that day!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To take our mind off this week's madcap events lets take a look at all the latest creations by these very talented, (but odd!) ladies.



When Gayle released this image a few weeks ago I thought it was perfect for my Pop, as he is a keen fisherman, plus he is rather keen on taking a nap too LOL. I decided to frame the image rather than make it into a card, cos I know Pop's will like it on his wall. The frame is 8x8. The star border is by Magnolia and the sentiment is by Hero Arts...... one of my faves, and I think it works perfectly with the image :o)



Using a ready coloured image.



A quick Christmas card today. Nice and straightforward.


Made my husbands birthday card because I just had to use this amazing graphic!
Since he's my hero, I chose Teddy Bo 110 for his card :)
Papers from Maja design
Swirl and coin from TH
Frame from Kort og Godt and corner from Korthobby, painted with crackle paint




Hi all i don't know if you're having this lovely weather at the moment but I'm
finding it hard to craft, I just want to be outside in the sun.
Anyway managed to squeeze an hour in on Monday night to colour
this beauty for Friday.

Perfect paper time again with this Magnolia bubbles paper, and in Purple one of
my fave colours as well.

She is coloured with Polychromos pencils.
Sentiment is from the Woodware mermaid stamp set.
I used a Marianne Creatable flourish die to create the sea weed.

Oh well back outside while the sun is shining,
you don't know what it will do next week.


Ok before I show you this, I have to say I've not Altered anything before so keep that in mind!
Also everyone elses "Altered" bits are totally amazing and I really don't think even if I tried for a million years I'd ever manage to make something as fantastic as they all do.

Ok here goes.........

Its made from a Kleenex box, added a ribbon along the bottom to hide the word, coloured the Sepia Bea in a little and added a flower. which I glittered and a button. Its going to sit on my desk at work.

and two cards using the same image, but look how different they look.





I made this card with this utterly cute little Bea. I´ve colored the image with Prismacolor pencils. I´ve choosen light pink and pink for my card. The pattern paper that I´ve used is from the paper pad *Love letters* from First Edition Paper. The sentiment I have create on my PC. As decoration I´ve chosen only rhinestones.


and the boy version from Edna


I've used Making Memories papers, Sizzix alphabet letters, a Stamping Up alphabet wheel and the metal embellie is a large eyelet from WeRMemoryKeepers that says 'Look at you kid'.

An altered door hanger - quick and simple project from Edna
Colette
Before I go, have you seen what Gayle has done to poor Bo, she's turned him into the fairy for the top of the tree,

I made a very quick card to show him in action, although by the look on his face, he's not too happy about the situation. Gayle says it's punishment for polluting the air with his gaseous emissions last week.





Angie


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is still plenty of time to enter our challenge, we are really looking forward to visiting you all and checking out your fabulous creations.

3 comments:

  1. now that is one very tall tale......lol
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've still not recovered from that shopping trip I can tell you!! I still think Edna should have got something from Gowns for Grannies lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shopping trip sounds right up my street, INTERNET shopping is the way to go EDNA,LOL, after suck mishaps don't know how you lot managed to create such wonderful inspiration, but you all do.

    ReplyDelete

Teddy Bo & Bea LOVE to hear what you think...your opinion is VERY important to them...xxxx