Friday, 22 July 2011

Fairy Tale Friday.

It's that time of the week again, when I get to tell you about some of the goings on at Teddy Bo Towers, but please keep it to yourself, as Edna is threatening to sue me for defamation of character, the thing is though, if she didn't do these things I wouldn't be able to write about them - and I have fourteen other design team members, the boss (Gayle) and two bears to back me up. 
This week it's mostly about Bo, although Edna does manage to get herself in there too.

Did you know that when Gayle draws the bears, she dresses them up and gets them to pose. Last week when Bo was dressed as a cowboy he liked the outfit so much he decided to keep it on, and act like a cowboy.

One day we found him trying to lasso Claire’s cat, the cat ran for its life, Edna was just heading down the stairs at the time, she saw the cat coming and quickly jumped onto the bannister rail, (straddling it as she did so), to get out of the cat's way. Unfortunately the cleaner had given the bannister a good polishing that morning and Edna just happened to be wearing gold satin hot pants, she ended up sliding  all the way to the bottom, hanging on for dear life, (it’s an extremely long way down from the top of the tower). The hot pants didn’t offer much protection and once again she ended up with splinters in her thighs' and this time friction burns on her bum too, do you think she was angry - no, not Edna! - she was actually quite pleased as it gave her a reason to vist A&E and get that dishy doc between her legs again.
It seems she has thought of a song for him, and I heard her singing, “When I get this feeling, I want sexual healing” as she was carried out the door.....   I pity that poor doctor, I really do!

Bo spent the week eating nothing but baked beans and chilli, which of course gave him a bit of a windy and smelly bottom, in the end the stench was overpowering, Gayle had to have a word with him about it, but being a typical male he just thought it was funny, he even had the cheek to make a limerick up about it.

There was a young Cowboy called Bo,
who ate beans seven days in a row,
the smell from his bum,
could sure turn your tum,
each time that he let one go!

We finally managed to get him out of the cowboy outfit when Gayle wanted to draw him as a Knight, he loved the armour and once again didn’t want to take it off, until I read him the poem I was using for the front of my card and then he couldn’t get out of it fast enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's my card and some fabulous creations from the design team, Edna even managed to get one done too, which is amazing as she hasn't been able to sit down all week after her slide down the bannister!



Sir Bo was coloured in Photoshop, papers and scroll are from a digital scrapbook kit called Good Knight by Heather Roselli, the gold embellishment in the top corner is cut from gold mirror card using a Nellie Snellen die, and I used some of the left over bits to decorate the scroll. The poem reads...

In days of old, when knights were bold,
and chivalrous and trusty,
they sweated in,
their suits of tin
and all their bits went rusty!



 I've used TBB Summer Swing and those ubiquitous First Edition 'Up, up and away' papers, a Marianne doily die, some buttons and a Whimsy ticket stamp. The flowers are Sizzix die cuts in the main, as is the scrolly border above the image.



I have used an oldie but goodie, - would you believe I have had this image for ages and never coloured her yet, slap hands.
I have coloured her with Polychromos pencils.
Papers are from Raspberry Road 
Flowers are from Wild Orchid.
Sentiment from Lili of the valley.
Edged with spun sugar distress ink.



An old image: Bea's in the flower. Lovely for a new born baby card :)


I did this card too, one of the days, but I don't like it that much...
I'm not sure what's wrong with it..I just couldn't get it right.. But it's on my blog, and I love the image!



We have such bad weather, it's cold and dark -perfect weather for winter cards ; )
Here is a wall hanger and card set.



 
 I made these card with the adorable image *Bunches of Bea* and I have colored the image with Prismacolor pencils. I´ve used cardstock in purple and savanne. The sentiment is by Whimsy Stamps. The pattern papers are from Maja Design and I´ve decorated with lace and punched hearts.
 

 
Last but not least - a sneak peek of one of Tuesday's New Releases.
I have to say - this is so, so sweet and just had to print her off and play. 
I have glittered her tail and used some Dimensional Magic on the the shells and bubbles.
Was going to use Magnolia papers but this one is so lush! 
DCWV papers - cant remember the name of the pack....as this was a cut-off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget there are still a few days left to enter the Teddy Bea only challenge, you have until midnight GMT Sunday 24th July and we would love to see your fa-Bea-lous creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooooh one last thing before I go, have I ever mentioned that Edna never wears a bra, we all thought it was because she was into womens liberation and all that stuff, but it turns out she has a theory.....

Going bra-less pulls the wrinkles out of your face!!!
Honestly! there’s never a dull moment with Edna around!

3 comments:

  1. Hi still laughing away here !! You should start having these wonderful poems on here as sentiments to buy foe our cards !! Lol off to visit the DT's. Thanks Kitty :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Edna's defence....she didn't actually start to slide down the bannister herself......I'm sure I saw Debbie pushing her!!! Tsk Tsk!!

    ("what...what do you mean she's on holiday?!?! ....sssssh!! It's easier to blame her!!!!")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edna and her theories make her my new best friend! The inspiration from the DT were outstanding and the story wonderful to get lost in! Thanks Teddy coloring gals every one!
    Hugs
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete

Teddy Bo & Bea LOVE to hear what you think...your opinion is VERY important to them...xxxx