Friday, 15 July 2011

Fairytale Friday

Are you sitting comfortably, then I'll catch you up with some of the happenings at Teddy Bo towers since last Friday.

Edna had to go to the hospital and have the splinters removed from her thighs, she told the dishy young doc who was removing them that she had got them when she had tried to rescue a poor scared cat from a tree, after climbing all the way up the tree, the ungrateful cat scratched her, she fell backwards and slid down every branch on the way to the ground - the doctor was very impressed with her bravery,( if only he knew the truth!).
The pub landlord turned up one day with Tom, Dick and Harry in tow, to try and get the coat-stand back from Edna  - Kathy, Bev, Tab and Debbie, got quite a shock, as they realised that without their beer goggles on Tom, Dick and Harry looked nothing like George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Jon Bon Jovi, the girls are keeping their heads down and feeling very embarrassed, especially Debbie as she had spent most of the evening licking George’s (as she thought) face and telling him what she would like to do to him if she got him alone, (not sure exactly what she had in mind but it involved chocolate sauce and Tammy’s whip!).


Can you see the resemblance? that must have been strong wine they were drinking that night!

I have been learning a little Norwegian, Helle and Jill have been teaching me how to say " My name is Colette and I am very pleased to meet you,", they told me it goes like this "Mitt navner Colette og jeg er en tosset kvinne", for some reason though Google translate tells me it says - My name is Colette and I am a crazy woman! they wouldn't do that to me, would they?!

You'll be pleased to know we finally managed to get Tammy's rubber dress off her, we ended up having to call the fire brigade, they had to grease her up and then one group held onto her legs, while the rest of us tugged the dress over her head, luckily she was wearing her rubber bra and panties underneath, otherwise it could have been quite embarrassing for her!!!

We were having a bit of a party for Nela's birthday so the guys from the fire station decided to stay and help us celebrate, although Edna was up to her old tricks again,- this time singing "" Come on baby light my fire" and asking them all how long their hose was?!??!?

Phwoar!!! Feeling hot, hot, hot!

Even with all these distractions we still managed to get some work done, so lets have a look at what everyone came up with.


Here's a little card with the cute little resting bea and my new Spellbinders.





I've used *Your wish come true* and I have colored the image with Prismacolor pencils. The base colors are pink and brown. The sentiments are from Whiff of Joy. The pattern paper is from the paper pad *Sweet Owl* by First Edition Paper. I´ve decorated with paper roses, lace and staples.






The colours are a bit different for me, in fact, I don't think I have ever used them LOL....but I do like it, so I think I will be using it again :o).....the papers are Raspberry Road Design {one of their new kits - Countrytime Lemonade}.  Embellies and flowers are a mix of Wild Orchid Crafts, The Hobby House and Creative Treasures.


I've used Knitting Chistmas stockings, which I think is gorgeous :)



I decided to go back a couple of weeks and chose this wee image of Bea.
I tried numerous embellies with it but in the end decided to keep it clean and simple.
The sentiment is from a Forever Friends set called Black and Gold.










I used "Howdy Bo and Bea" for my card, it is for a friends wedding anniversary (they are huge line-dancing fans). The bears are coloured and paper pieced in photoshop. I used Cool Cowgirl and Cowboy kits from Raspberry Road for the papers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You still have until Sunday 24th July to join in with our Teddy Bea only challenge, and make sure you come and check back  on Tuesday for more fabulous new releases.

3 comments:

  1. Hiya there,

    Great dt cards!

    Hee hee the goings on with hoses,rubber,wine and Dt is a riot - Oh no I had to mention that!
    You will call the POLICE now just to get another set of Men in Uniforms into the Teddy Bo Towers hee hee!

    Have a great weekend & thank you for my Surfing teddy Bo for entering the Dt challenge - So cute!

    Take care
    Big Hugs
    Casper
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards ladies but how you manage to create such wonders with so much distraction is beyond me lol.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back row, third from the left comes home to me everynight! Well 20 years ago or so! hehe (too much wine) Love that story.
    Hugs
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete

Teddy Bo & Bea LOVE to hear what you think...your opinion is VERY important to them...xxxx