Friday, 21 October 2011

Fairy tale Friday #16




It’s been an almost uneventful week here at the Towers, we’ve all been busy getting everything ready for our Annual Halloween Ball next week. 

As we have all been so industrious, Gayle who had banned alcohol all week, ( which is probably why everyone has been so well behaved) decided that as Jill and Helle have their first batches of Turnip Tequila and Broad Bean Brandy ready we would have a little taster session to try them out. I personally prefer the potato vodka, but they were both drinkable and started to taste quite delicious after a couple of glasses.

After we had downed a couple of bottles (each), Kathy who was feeling a bit homesick for Texas suggested we have a barn dance, Claire who was sitting in the corner knitting scarves and bootees for the camels, wasn’t happy about this, as the camels were fast asleep in the barn and she didn’t want to disturb them. We managed to reassure her that we didn’t actually need to go to the barn to dance. We pushed the card making table over to the corner of the room, and got ready for our first dance. 

Debbie said she would sing for us and immediately broke into her version of Achy Breaky Heart…

Debbie’s version
Don’t smell my fart, my eggy bready fart, 
I just have stinky underpants,
And if you smell my fart, my eggy bready fart
I might show up and tickle Stan! 

Proper version
Don’t tell my heart, my achy breaky heart
I just don’t think it’d understand
and if you tell my heart, my achy breaky heart
It might blow up and kill this man

Kathy gently explained that we didn’t need a singer, just music and a caller - she found a suitable CD put it on the player and away we went.

Now bow to your partners, bow to your corners, all join hands and circle to the right
Edna immediately tried to go left and crashed into Renee our newest member who gave Edna a gentle shove in the right direction. 

now circle to the left, go all the way” Edna just carried on going right and crashed into Nicole, whose shove in the right direction was a lot more forceful than Renee’s, Edna went crashing into Jill who fell down, landed on her back and went sliding across the beautifully polished floor and straight under the craft table! When she didn’t immediately get up, we ran over to help her, but she was fast asleep and snoring, so we left her there to sleep it off.

The dance continued……
“Alabama left to the corner and do si do” …..”who do you think you’re calling a dozy doe?” shouted Edna, “I know I’m old and I get confused, but there’s no need to be nasty! “
We explained what it meant, calmed her down and managed to get to the end of the dance without any more trouble. 

Edna thought the dance was great fun and wanted to do another, she told us she was a great little mover and must look like ‘Poultry in Motion’ when she’s dancing, (I think she meant poetry in motion LOL!, although she definitely moved like a chicken on acid, so maybe poultry in motion was right after all!).

We thought we would have another drink or two before dancing again, but then Maritha who was homesick for Sweden decided she wanted to sing an Abba Medley, and of course Debbie insisted on joining in.

Maritha started with Super Trouper, she actually knew the correct words and sang - 
I was sick and tired of everything, when I called you last night from Glasgow,
Debbie sang- I was sick and tired of being thin, when I called you last night from Tesco!

Next was Chiquitita - Maritha sang – Chiquitita tell me what’s wrong,
Debbie – Take your teeth out, tell me where’s my thong!

Take a Chance on Me became Chicken Dance on me 

and Mamma Mia, here we go again, sung perfectly by Maritha, in Debbie’s version was sung as -Diarrhea, hear me groan in pain!

When they were finished Gayle picked up her bagpipes and started playing Rod Stewarts - Do Ya Think I’m Sexy - Edna jumped into the middle of the dance floor and started strutting her stuff. She ran her hands up and down her body quite suggestively and then squeezed her boobs together and jiggled them about pouting and giving us what she thought was her 'come to bed' look, unfortunately it doesn’t really look seductive when you have no teeth, no hair, bloodshot eyes, your boobs are hanging down by your waist, the hairs growing out of your nose are almost long enough to be plaited, (I wouldn’t mind but she had only trimmed them a couple of weeks ago for the wedding) your stockings are bunched up around your ankles and your skin tight latex hot pants are soooo short and your cellulite sooooo bad that your behind looks like two large Jaffa oranges jiggling about in an elastic band!

Most of us were starting to feel a little nauseous, but our problem was how to ask her to stop without offending her and causing a fight! 

Suddenly Jill appeared from underneath the table wearing a cowboy hat she had found, staggered over to Edna, stopped in front of her, looked her right in the eyes and said – “Edna, you look like a pro...” We all gasped and stepped back, mouths agape, wondering what was coming next ...”fessional dancer, and it looks like you’re having lots of fun! - Oh colour me tickled pink - saddle me up and let’s ride ‘em cowboy! Yeehaw! “ then started do-si-do-ing around Edna before jumping onto her back, Edna galloped around the room with Jill holding on for dear life and shouting “let’s mosey on down”, and “get off your horse and drink your milk?!?!?!?!” They went twice around the room before Edna collapsed in a heap, Jill landed on top of her and immediately went back to sleep. 

Edna wriggled out from underneath the sleeping Jill, pulled up her stockings, straightened her skirt, turned to us, huffed loudly and said very seriously “some people just lose all their dignity and decorum once they’ve had a couple of drinks!!!”, gave Jill a very stern look and stomped off to bed.

We all breathed a huge sigh of relief, no fighting that night, thank goodness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Due to the lack of alcohol the girls have had to find other ways to keep occupied, so this week we have quite a lot of cards to show you, including a special Halloween poster made by a little boy we found sleeping in the barn with the camels, he was snuggled into one of their hump hats. Claire wanted to keep him and had already measured him up for a woolly jumper and hat, but luckily his parents turned up and took him home. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Special Guest Designer Will aged 6

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clairebears x


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Helle


I've made my card with one of this weeks new images,TeddyBea_158 "Wherever I lay my hat"

Coloured the image with my Bruynzeel pencils. Flowers from Irene's Garden. Roses from Storyteller..The sentiment say "Miss you" and "You are my friend"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maritha







Trick or treat?!
I made a Halloween candy box and I used TeddyBea_155 
and TeddyBo_147 (the cutest mummy ever)
some Quickutz with spiders and bats
Magnolia fence
Thought it will be good to have at the door with candy in it ,if there would come some few Trick-or-treat-kids, Halloween is not such a big festival in Sweden, but best to be prepared ..;)



I'm going out to dinner next Friday, just wanted to show what I was going to take with me to the hosts (hope they like Turnip Tequila).... thought it was so cute with Bo holding the wine Turnip Tequila bottle!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Colette


This was my first attempt at Tuesdays CAS card, but once it was finished it looked too fussy, so I made a simpler version of it, but I thought I would post it on here today to save it going to waste. Image is TEDDYBOBEA_079, papers are Clipart Fairy Gorgeous papers, I made the ticket myself using a freebie sentiment from Create with TLC, border punch is Martha Stewart, little flowers are punched and the gems and charm are from MeiFlower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tammy Louise





I used Copics and Ranger Distress inks, Raindrop Echo Sentiment, The Paper Studios DP "cupcake collage" Martha Stewart Optic Dot punch, Cuttle Bug spots embossing folder, all on pre`made Studio G card stock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nicole


I´ve played with the fantastic image *Mummification Bo* 
I´ve colored with Prismas
the wonderful senitment is created by Claire
for the letters on the backside I´ve used Quickutz *Chocolate*
I´ve used a brown paper-bag and wiped it with Distress Ink 
*Spiced Marmalade* and *Weathered Wood*
I have used cardstock in black and the backing paper is by BasicGrey
Decoration: screws and nails brads, for the handle of the bag I used gauze.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Renee


Image Teddy Bea_ 075 , colored with promarkers, and a touch of stickles. Just a couple lines of ribbon on some coordinating paper, simple and done!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Helle


I've made my card with TeddyBea_158 "Wherever I lay my hat"
Coloured the image with my Bruynzeel pencils.
Flowers from Irene's Garden.
Roses from Storyteller.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hazel


I have coloured TEDDYBEA_026, Shopping Daze with a mixture of copic's and prisma pencils. 
Kraft cardstock and the purple glitter dot papers are from my scraps. I think the purple paper is Papermania.
I then made 3 little brown shopping bags from Teddy Bo & Co. The handles are brown divine twine.
The brown ribbon is from my local craft shop.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Debbie


This is one of the TEDDYBOBEA TABS_5 together with one of the new First Edition Isabelle papers and a sentiment from Imagine That.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edna


Ingredients:
Teddybo 158
First Edition New Leaf papers
Sizzix Primitive heart die
Promarkers, Prisma pencils
Spellbinders square dies
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nela



I've used for the napkin holder:Teddy Bo_095
Meljen´s Mini Boo ghosts
Promarkers
Paper from Bearly Mine Designs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kathy


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jill

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you've enjoyed our tale this week and all the gorgeous DT cards, don't forget to check out Teddy Bo's Top Tips Tutorial, and Wordy Wednesday and you have until Sunday 30th October Midnight GMT to get your entries in to our C.A.S challenge. 

2 comments:

  1. Yet another mad Fairytale, chuckling away whilst eating my breakfast (which has taken twice as long this morning as a consequence!) Everyone's creations are brilliant, I especially like Nela's Napkin Holder. And well done Will for your very colourful Halloween Card - Fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit late today...had a sleep over at my daughters and was itching to get home to see what was happening in the towers...so glad to hear there was peace...[hope is doesn't last]....The broadbean brandy sounds...different...and so glad I didnt have eggs for breakie today..lol..Brilliant cards and projects ladies...and a special well done Will, wonderful colouring, and very nice printing in the sentiment...well done.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

Teddy Bo & Bea LOVE to hear what you think...your opinion is VERY important to them...xxxx