Wednesday, 19 October 2011

It's Wordy Wednesday



Hello and welcome to this week's Wordy Wednesday. Our lovely Claire inspired us with her article on Mojo Monday and I'm following on with some quotes for Halloween which isn't too far away now.
So sit back and enjoy the quotes this week. I tried to choose ones that weren't too ghoulish......


Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

A grandmother pretends she doesn't know who you are on Halloween. ~Erma Bombeck

Hold on, man. We don't go anywhere with "scary," "spooky," "haunted," or "forbidden" in the title. ~From Scooby-Doo

Men say that in this midnight hour,
The disembodièd have power
To wander as it liketh them,
By wizard oak and fairy stream.
~William Motherwell

Once in a young lifetime one should be allowed to have as much sweetness as one can possibly want and hold. ~Judith Olney

You wouldn't believe
On All Hallow Eve
What lots of fun we can make,
With apples to bob,
And nuts on the hob,
And a ring-and-thimble cake.
~Carolyn Wells

On Hallowe'en the thing you must do
Is pretend that nothing can frighten you
And if somethin' scares you and you want to run
Just let on like it's Hallowe'en fun.
~Author Unknown

As I was going up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there/He wasn't there again today...Oh, how I wish he'd go away. -Anonymous

Come with me All Hallow's night
We'll frighten everyone in sight
Such pranks for once, are justified
And fun and frolic amplified.
-19th Century Halloween postcard


From ghoulies and ghosties
And long-leggedy beasties
And things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us!
Scottish Saying

Trick or Treat. Be so sweet. Give me something good to eat.

Why was the mummy so tense?
He was all wound up.

Why don't angry witches ride their brooms?
They're afraid of flying off the handle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Freebie Word Art
with ghost
Thank you for joining me this week. Don't forget it's Top Tips Thursday tomorrow when we will be treated to another DT tutorial.

Edna x

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous Edna!
    Thanks a lot :)
    Hugs, jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Edna honey...and SUPER SPOOKY COOL word art Colette..xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edna, it's me again your WW stalker!?! I look forward to your latest collection of quotes every week and once again you have a fine selection. As I was going up the stair... is something that has 'haunted' me since I was a girl and it still sends shivers down my spine! Thanks to Colette for the Word Art - I am surprised she produces such high quality work as the first quotation could be her motto!(sorry Col, I couldn't resist!) Have a lovely week Edna and thank you! x

    ReplyDelete

Teddy Bo & Bea LOVE to hear what you think...your opinion is VERY important to them...xxxx