Monday, 10 October 2011

Mojo Monday - Monochrome

 

Hi its Monday again, where do the days go to?
Anyway I thought today I would share Monochrome with you - I love the clean lines you get with just using just two colours. My choice of two colours today are Black and White.

Monochrome -describes paintings, drawings, design, or photographs in one colour or shades of one colour. A monochromatic object or image has colours in shades of limited colours or hues. Images using only shades of grey (with or without black and/or white) are called grayscale or black-and-white. However, scientifically speaking, "Monochromatic light" refers to light of a narrow frequency -Wikapedia








Quotes

Nostalgia, the vice of the aged. We watch so many old movies our memories come in monochrome. Angela Carter

I started doing this style late summer of 2005, after deciding that I loved to paint outside, and that by the time I'd figured out a good composition and color world, the light would have changed completely. The solution? Paint in monochrome.
~ Charlie Hunter


I hope this has given you a little inspiration this week.

Love Clairebears x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Teddy Bo & Bea LOVE to hear what you think...your opinion is VERY important to them...xxxx