Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Wordy Wednesday


Hi, hope you are all having a great day today. It's time for our weekly venture into quotes and sayings once again.

This week's topic is 'Autumn'.

This has got to be my favourite season of the year, perhaps because I was born in November :)
I found a lot of beautiful poetry in my searches this week but I've tried to pick out slightly less 'wordy' ones that still convey the beauty and magical transformation that this season brings.

Let's get started!

autumn: the season between summer and winter (Little Oxford dictionary)

'Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.' Albert Camus

'Winter is an etching, spring a watercolour, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.' Stanley Horowitz

'No spring or summer beauty hath such grace
As I have seen in one autumnal face.' John Donne

'How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and colour are their last days.' John Burroughs

'Youth is like spring, an over praised season more remarkable for biting winds than genial breezes. Autumn is the mellower season, and what we lose in flowers we more than gain in fruits.' Samuel Butler

'Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.' Elizabeth Lawrence

'October's poplars are flaming torches
lighting the way to winter.' Nova Blair

'October's the month
When the smallest breeze
Gives us a shower
Of autumn leaves.
Bonfires and pumpkins,
Leaves sailing down -
October is red
And golden and brown.'
Can Teach Songs

'Every leaf speaks to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.' Emily Bronte

'Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness...' John Keats

'You can't hide your true colours as you approach the autumn of your life.' Author unknown


Freebie wordart

That's just a small selection but I hope you find some inspiration in the words I've chosen this week. Thank you for joining us at Teddybo. Don't forget to follow the tutorials on Thursday's Top Tips feature or the antics of the TB DT as Colette recounts them on TeddyBo Fairytale Friday. There's a lot going on in TeddyBo Land! We have new features and something for every day of the week, not to mention the wonderful graphics, stamps etc that you can find at Teddybo Towers.

Happy crafting until next week!

Edna x

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Edna for another fab Wordy Wednesday! I especially like the quote from Stanley Horowitz in this selection. I too love Autumn - I always feel much more relaxed when the nights start to draw in, makes me feel cosy! Though the light is rubbish for crafting (daylight lamp - essential!!!) Thank you for the Freebie Wordart it's great! And appologies to Colette (who I know will be reading this) for not 'getting it' when you quoted it to me, to be fair I had just taken my medication! LOL. Thanks! Love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karen. It's a pleasure to do this wee spot each week and I'm so glad you like it.

    Colette is the genius behind the word art as I wouldn't know where to begin. :)

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've wrapped autumn up perfectly Edna, love the wordy leaf and love the quotes;) Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

Teddy Bo & Bea LOVE to hear what you think...your opinion is VERY important to them...xxxx