Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Wordy Wednesday

Hi and welcome to Wordy Wednesday.
Don't the weeks just fly by? It seems no time since last week's article and it's almost a week since the big day. I can hardly believe it's all done and dusted. :)

This week's topic is all about 'Life' and I've chosen some of my favourite quotes for this one. It seemed like a good time to be a little philosophical as we move from one season to the next, though one or two have a bit of humour in there to keep it light.


life: capacity for growth, functional activity, and continual change until death; living things and their activity; period during which life lasts; duration of thing's existence or ability to function; person's state of existence; living person' business and pleasures of the world; energy, liveliness; biography ~ Little Oxford dictionary


Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Anderson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Free word art

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The purpose of life is a life of purpose. ~Robert Byrne

Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you're alive, it isn't. ~Richard Bach

In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. ~Kathy Norris

To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else. ~Emily Dickinson

I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. ~Charles Schulz

Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can. ~Danny Kaye

Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be. ~Grandma Moses

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. ~Mark Twain

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it. ~Henry David Thoreau

Life is like sailing. You can use any wind to go in any direction. ~Robert Brault

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ~Reba McEntire


Thank you for joining me this week. I hope you have found some food for thought in this week's sayings. I love the Hans Christian Anderson quote. I think it says it all. :)


See you next time!

Edna x

1 comment:

  1. My favourite quote this week is Charles Schulz, as I am getting to that stage myself!
    Thanks for my weekly dose of quotes Edna. xx
    Thanks for another lovely wordart Colette, I really appreciate it. xx

    ReplyDelete

Teddy Bo & Bea LOVE to hear what you think...your opinion is VERY important to them...xxxx