Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Wordy Wednesday

It’s time for another quick visit to our quotes and sayings today and I’ve chosen some wry looks at Aging/Maturing.

It’s something we will all face and it’s something we don’t always feel humorous about. Let’s hope these quirky quotes will bring a smile!

Here goes:-

We know we're getting old when the only thing we want for our birthday is not to be reminded of it. ~Author Unknown


A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip. ~Author Unknown


Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. ~Chili Davis


The first sign of maturity is the discovery that the volume knob also turns to the left. ~Jerry M. Wright


You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely. ~Ogden Nash


They say that age is all in your mind. The trick is keeping it from creeping down into your body. ~Author Unknown


Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life. ~Herbert Asquith


The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. ~Lucille Ball


Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician. ~Author Unknown


Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened. ~Jennifer Yane


Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. ~Tom Wilson


You're not 40, you're eighteen with 22 years experience. ~Author Unknown


Now if I were to apply that last one to my birthday card in a couple of weeks time it wouldn't help me feel any better at all!

Let's try it - 'You're not 61, you're eighteen with 43 years experience.' :) LOL What did I tell you?!!

Hope you enjoy the quote spot each week. Don't forget about our on-going challenge and the fab candy that is over at Colette's blog.

Thank you for joining me today. Have a good one!

Edna x

5 comments:

  1. FABULOUS quotes honey....of course, I'm not as old as the rest of you (cough cough) so it'll be a while before I can use these!!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FairyD, I can see you already have the Lucille Ball one off to a fine art! LOL!
    Fab quotes Edna, my favourite is the growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional one, as I have no immediate plans for growing up just yet!
    Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. !!!!!!!!!! I have a very BIG fairy wand Mrs S...and I can turn your old age night cream into cement you know!!! ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Edna,
    Well you have done it again - you have cheered my up with some of my favourite quotes. I think most of them apply to me a some point or another. Though I will always be 3 years younger than Colette - chronologically - mentally we are the same age - which isn't very old at all!?!
    Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL ladies!
    Remeber Youth is the gift if nature, but AGE is the work of ART!
    Enjoy your evening ladies :)
    BIG hugs from the young one ;)

    ReplyDelete

Teddy Bo & Bea LOVE to hear what you think...your opinion is VERY important to them...xxxx