Monday, 5 December 2011

Mojo Monday - Christmas Baubles


Mojo Monday again! Where does the time go to!!!

As we head towards Christmas - oooooohhhhh not long now, I thought I would share with you my love of all things sparkly! Well Christmas Baubles lol!

Last Christmas we went to my Sister in Laws for the big day, the whole of my husbands family was there and for a joke we wrote on Christmas Baubles, and instead of name settings we used them. We wrote all funny things like "I love Bananas" on my daughters and my Father in Law had "I love Fish" both of them really hate Bananas and Fish! We used really cheap baubles and wrote on them with glass paint outliner. I loved it and thought that you might enjoy trying it too!

Anyway enough of my wafflling

Wikipedia
Christmas ornaments are decorations (usually made of glass, metal, wood or ceramics) that are used to festoon a Christmas tree. Ornaments take many different forms, from a simple round ball to highly artistic designs. Ornaments are almost always reused year after year, rather than purchased annually, and family collections often contain a combination of commercially produced ornaments and decorations created by family members. Such collections are often passed on and augmented from generation to generation.
Santa Claus is a commonly used figure. Candy canes, fruit, animals, snowmen, angels and snowflake imagery are also popular choices.
Lucretia P. Hale's story "The Peterkins' Christmas-Tree"[1] offers a short catalog of the sorts of ornaments used in the 1870s:
"There was every kind of gilt hanging-thing, from gilt pea-pods to butterflies on springs. There were shining flags and lanterns, and bird-cages, and nests with birds sitting on them, baskets of fruit, gilt apples, and bunches of grapes."
The modern-day Christmas ornament was originally invented in the small German town of Lauscha in the mid-19th century.[2]


Here is a beautiful bauble that Tammy has made using a Fairy Doodler design that you can find HERE





I hope that has inspired you even if its just a little and maybe given you a little laugh today.



Love Clairebears x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Love the idea of writng on the baubles and enjoyed the part about ehat the vitorians used ! Thanks really interesting ! Kitty ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Teddy Bo & Bea LOVE to hear what you think...your opinion is VERY important to them...xxxx