Monday, 19 December 2011

Mojo Monday - Christmas Cupcakes

Hellooooo its the last Monday before the big day and I hope your all ready!
I'm not and even when I think I am I'm sure I will have forgotten something!!!

Today's Mojo Monday is "Christmas Cupcakes" now as my daughter has finished school for the holidays and I work (sometimes when the boss is looking!) she is spending a day with her Nan, and the one thing she loves doing over there is baking cakes so I thought I would show you some of her favourites she has found whilst trying to decide what her's are going to look like!

Wikipedia:


A cupcake (also British English: fairy cake; Australian English: patty cake or cup cake) is a small cake designed to serve one person, frequently baked in a small, thin paper or aluminum cup. As with larger cakes, frosting and other cake decorations, such as sprinkles, are common on cupcakes.
Although their origin is unknown, recipes for cupcakes have been printed since at least the late 12th century


Cupcake Recipe

Ingredients

• 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
• 1 1/3 cups sugar
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup shortening
• 1 cup milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2 large eggs
 

Easy Cupcake Recipe Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.  Add shortening, milk, and vanilla.  Beat for 1 minute on medium speed.  Scrape side of bowl with a spatula.
Add eggs to the mixture.  Beat for 1 minute on medium speed.  Scrape bowl again.  Beat on high speed for 1 minute 30 seconds until well mixed.
Spoon cupcake batter into paper liners until 1/2 to 2/3 full.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 5 minutes in pans then remove and place on wire racks to cool completely.
Once cupcakes are completely cooled, frost with your favorite frosting recipe or decorate as you desire.

I hope this has inspired you a little and I wish you all a very Happy Christmas from all at Teddy Bo Towers!
Love Clairebears x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Claire what a cool post I have not baked for years so I think I might just have to make some !! Thanks Kitty ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cupcakes too, thanks for the recipe. Hope your daughter gets to makes lots of Christmas ones;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we will be able to see the work of your daughter. Christmas is a great time to decorate cupcakes. Thanks for sharing this story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Clairebears! Your cup cakes look amazing. Hope you don't mind me asking but ..... what do you call shortening 'cos I wouldn't mind making some for Christmas myself ??

    Hugs, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete

Teddy Bo & Bea LOVE to hear what you think...your opinion is VERY important to them...xxxx