Monday, 16 January 2012

Mojo Monday

Hello its Monday again and where do the weeks go to!
This week seeing as its really really cold and frosty in my part of the world I thought I would brighten up your day as I was looking on Pintrest and came across the following photo's of Purple and White Tulips so I thought I would share them with you too.

Wikipedia

The tulip is a perennial, bulbous plant with showy flowers in the genus Tulipa, which comprises 109 species[1] and belongs to the family Liliaceae.[2] The genus's native range extends from as far west as Southern Europe, North Africa, Anatolia, and Iran to the Northwest of China. The tulip's centre of diversity is in the Pamir, Hindu Kush, and Tien Shan mountains.[3] A number of species and many hybrid cultivars are grown in gardens, as potted plants, or to display as fresh-cut flowers. Most cultivars of tulip are derived from Tulipa gesneriana.


Poem by Anon

Tulip
If I was a Tulip
And you were wind’s-wings,
I would not count
My broken dreams,
But bless the coming spring.
I would let you see me
In colors-
Pink, yellow and red.
You’d find me blooming
By the riverbed
Or, down in the valley
By the little creek,
To make proud
The water falls,
To make you feel meek.
But strong winds
Of late May
Again could make me weak.
My petals scattered
On the ground
And gone in a week.

But I will come again
To let you see…
Life is but a circle,
I will bloom
Again next spring:
Isn’t it a miracle?
I would be happy
To know that you would
Touch my face
When the sun sets in.
I would feel you in full force,
Gently from within.
You would come to me
Each day-
Again to disappear,
But when the sun’s-rays
Touch at noon-
Again I would feel you near


Thank you for stopping by and I hope I have inspired you a little today.

Love Clairebears x 


1 comment:

  1. that is simply gogeous! I love purple flowers.....period! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Teddy Bo & Bea LOVE to hear what you think...your opinion is VERY important to them...xxxx