Friday, 17 February 2012

Fairy Tale Friday #32




Last week I made two of the biggest mistakes of my life. The first was to get up in the night feeling a little peckish and tuck into that scrumptious looking curry pie that was tucked in the back of the fridge behind the Haggis Humus. It was so hard to resist with it’s lovely thick crust and even though it had a bit of an odd taste it didn’t put me off as most of the food in the towers has an odd taste, and I thought the green bits in it were some kind of vegetable, so I was getting one of my five a day too. I didn’t realise the crust was skin that had formed over a four week old curry and that the ‘green vegetables’ were actually mould. Yuk!!!
I ended up spending a day or two camping out in the third floor toilet, much to Debbie’s dismay, (she loves to clean does Debbie), and she wasn’t best pleased that: 1. I was making a mess in the bathroom and 2. She couldn’t get in to clean it up. Feeling as bad as I did things only got worse when Debbie decided that she would sing me a song to help me feel better and burst into her version of UB40’s Red, Red, Wine, which sounded more like a menu choice than a song and was the last thing I needed to hear after being so sick, just so that you can all sympathise with me it went like this – Red, Red, Wine…… Steak, lobster, meat, (which should have been stay close to me!) followed immediately by Bea, Bo loves bacon, Bea, Bo loves bacon, to the tune of Elvis Presley’s Viva Las Vegas.I finally left the bathroom when she broke into Madonna’s La Isla Bonita ---


Last night I dreamt of some bagels,
Crust like an onion, I knew the pong.
Young girls with eyes like potatoes,
It all seems like fish pate - not far away.
Proper jelly, Iceland cheese,
all the butter climbed on me,
this is why I need a pee
I'll eat a fajita!



A couple of days later I was feeling much better and this is when I made the second mistake. Edna asked me if I would drive her into town and accompany her to the doctors and the opticians as she had decided to have a bit of a check-up. She needed someone to come along with her as she couldn’t always remember everything she was told.

The doctors waiting room was very full when we arrived and we waited for nearly three quarters of an hour before we got in to see him.

Edna and the doctor are chatting away  while he is examining her, in the middle of the conversation, he casually says “Edna, you really need to stop pole dancing”
Edna looks a bit worried and replies “Why doc? Am I getting arthritis?”
The doctor says “No, but you’re upsetting the other patients in the waiting room!”

I didn’t know where to look - I had told her that the pole was one of struts holding up the ceiling and that people were getting upset with her flinging her legs around it and writhing up and down, but did she take any notice, of course not!

It had been quite a few years since Edna had last had her eyes tested so from the doctor’s office we headed straight to the opticians to try and get her some new glasses….. and guess who she bumped into? – Everyone! LOL! She definitely needs those new glasses.

She explains to the optician that she keeps getting a stabbing pain in her eye whenever she drinks coffee, he replies, “well, have you tried taking the spoon out of the cup!

The optician told us that the glasses would be ready in an hour, so we went for a coffee and then went back to collect them.
Edna picks up her new glasses, puts them on and then says
“I can’t see very far in these new glasses”
The optician takes her to the door:
”What’s that up there?” he says
“The sun” replies Edna
“Well how far do you want to flippin’ well see, he says in exasperation.

Edna is feeling a little fed up with his attitude, so as we are stepping out the door she turns to him and says “Hey Doc, now that I can see properly again, looking at you has just reminded me of a good joke”
“Go on then” he says, humouring her “what is it?”
Edna: Knock, knock
Optician: Who’s there?
Edna: Reuben.
Optician: Reuben who?
Edna: Reuben my eyes ‘cos I can’t believe how ugly you are!

I was soooo embarrassed and have vowed that I will never take her into town alone again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out what the DT has been up to this week



Jill

Image: "A precious baby Bea" (in blue since it's a boy!)
Coloured with Copics
Papers: Pion
Flowers: WOC, Storyteller, Kort og Godt
Letters from Kaiser craft, ribbon and pearls and a lovely little charms from Edna
Punch from Ek tools


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tammy


Shadow Box
TEDDYBEA_188
Coloured with both pro-markers and poly pencils.
Tiny sewing kit - reels of cotton, tape measure, sewing book, coat hanger, thimble are a bargain I purchased from a charity shop.....a small bag of dolls house bits and bobs.
Added a selection of buttons in the corner - sentiment from TLC.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maritha
TeddyBo_179_FLYING
All papers from Panduro
Prima button
MS punch






I put some tags for writing down in the boxes!
The text says "my first words,my first haircurl,my first tooth,and other fun stuff to remember"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Renee

                                                                                
     Teddybo_179
Colored with promarkers
scrap paper out of my stash drawer
twine
printed sentiment
                                                                           




Teddybo_180
colored with promarkers
Basic grey letter stickers colored black
flower soft
October afternoon papers


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Liz

Wonderland Digi Stamp 001
Hero Arts Stamp 'watch gears'
Papermania Urban Stamps (all the butterflies and text)
Distress Ink 'tea dye'
Distress Embossing Powder 'tea dye'
Pearls and Seam Binding




Easter Bunny Bea
Copics
Paper Cellar papers
MS Punch
Circle Nesties
Ribbon
(the eggs are cut from a sheet of the DP)
Liz x


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tammy-Louise


Teddy Bea 187
Scalloped Circles
Wilton Paper heart Doilies
Handmade flower with Wispy beaded garland girls and tulle & Valentine felt flower
WOC flowers
Teddy Bo paper

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nicole

I´ve played with the sweet image TeddyBea_187
colouring as always with Prismas
Cardtsock two different pink tones
design paper My Minds Eyes
embellies punched hearts, ribbon


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Renee

Bailee Rose (Renee's daughter...isn't it gorgeous...x)




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


TEDDYBO_171 coloured with copic's and prisma's.
The cloud paper is a digi from Melissa Bennett designs.
Punch used is Martha Stewart Deep edge trellis.
Feather and pearls from stash.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Renee

Basic Grey Papers-Bittersweet
Rose trim
Teddybo_169

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Colette


 Image -TB_187
Digi papers - Mels Brushes Easter Eggs Collection - MyGraphico
Die-namics Double scalloped border die
Ribbon, Ribbon Slider, pink string and buttons - MeiFlower


I planned on stitching the charms into place, but got carried away and ended up
stitching all the papers together and the word sew in the sentiment too. 
Image - TB_188 - coloured in Photoshop
Digi Papers - Black Leaf SewCraft papers - MyGraphico
Silver letters - peelies
Purple pearls, buttons and charms - MeiFlower

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 


Thanks for popping along and paying us a visit, be sure to come back on Tuesday for our new challenge and you still have until Sunday 19th February midnight GMT to enter our latest challenge.


See you soon,
Colette and the gang xxx

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards girls...and fabulous story...isn't it funny.. you can be there, you know, like a good book, you can see the people and places they're in...thats where I go every Friday...well, dont wanna be in the third floor bathroom, but was with you in the doctors and eye doctors..lol...

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are feeling better Colette. Like Chrissy said, you can see the story as you are reading it, it's like a parallel universe (what a scary thought!) Loved it, really cheered me up - Thanks Colette.
    Lovely cards ladies.
    Love, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having lived through the 'bathroom episode' I'd like to thank you for re-telling it with such gusto!!!!! It was bad enough the first time!!!

    Glad you're finally out of the toilet now.....it was very quiet at the towers while you were 'away'!!!

    MWAH...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, sounds like you had quite a week and someone ought to monitor your fridge in future rofl and i do so hope Debbie feels that her cleaning rota is now back on track. Hopefully the trip with Edna to the docs and ops didnt put you off. As for the creativity in Teddy Bo Towers that is most certainly at its best....great creations guys xxxx hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Teddy Bo & Bea LOVE to hear what you think...your opinion is VERY important to them...xxxx