Monday, 5 March 2012

Mojo Monday - Crochet

Welcome to my little bit of inspiration, this week whilst spending far to much time on Pinterest I came across some beautiful Crochet. Now being left handed and my mum being right handed I've never managed to get to grips with knitting and haven't even thought about crochet before but after seeing these beautiful and very colourful creations - I might have to find a site and give it ago!

Wikipedia

Crochet (English pronunciation: /krˈʃ/;[1] French: [kʁɔʃɛ][2]) is a process of creating fabric from yarn, thread, or other material strands using a crochet hook. The word is derived from the French word "crochet", meaning hook. Hooks can be made of materials such as metals, woods or plastic and are commercially manufactured as well as produced by artisans. Crocheting, like knitting, consists of pulling loops through other loops, but additionally incorporates wrapping the working material around the hook one or more times. Crochet differs from knitting in that only one stitch is active at one time (exceptions being Tunisian crochet and Broomstick lace), stitches made with the same diameter of yarn are comparably taller, and a single crochet hook is used instead of two knitting needles. Additionally, crochet has its own system of symbols to represent stitch types

All pictures are from Pinterst.

Well aren't they bright and colourful, have they inspired you?



They really have me!

Love Clairebears x

3 comments:

  1. I can't crochet either but I can knit - I've blamed being left handed as well but my mum doesn't know how either and she's not LOL!

    I'm determined to learn this year - watch this space :c) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snap! Another left hander here lol....Boy can I knit...But crochet???? NO......
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I can crochet, taught myself aged about 9, but a knitter I am not, I find knitting far too slow. Great inspiration Claire, love all the fabulous bright colours.
    Colette xx

    ReplyDelete

Teddy Bo & Bea LOVE to hear what you think...your opinion is VERY important to them...xxxx