Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Wordy Wednesday




Hi Our new challenge is “Spring has Sprung”

Spring officially begins on the Vernal Equinox, which falls around March 20 in the northern hemisphere; in the southern hemisphere, spring begins around September 21 of each year.




It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold:  when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.  ~Charles Dickens

It's spring fever.  That is what the name of it is.  And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!  ~Mark Twain

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar." ~Helen Hayes
“Now Nature hangs her mantle green On every blooming tree, And spreads her sheets o' daisies white Out o'er the grassy lea.”  Robert Burns

“Starred forget-me-nots smile sweetly, Ring, bluebells, ring! Winning eye and heart completely, Sing, robin, sing! All among the reeds and rushes, Where the brook its music hushes, Bright the caloposon blushes,__ Laugh, O murmuring Spring!”  
 Sarah Foster Davis

“When Spring unlocks the flowers to paint the laughing soil.”  Bishop Reginald Heber

“Loveliest of trees, the cherry now is hung with bloom along the bough.”   Alfred Edward Housman

A little bird, he told me so
He said come on, get on the go
Open your eyes the sky is full of butterflies
The blossoms on the trees stir up the honey bees
Spring makes my fever right

Spring fever, spring is here at last
Spring fever, my heart’s beating fast
Get up, get out spring is everywhere.  Elvis Presley

I hope I have inspired you today ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teddy Bo & Bea LOVE to hear what you think...your opinion is VERY important to them...xxxx