Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Wordy Wednesday








Keep Calm and Carry On 
was a poster produced by the British government in 1939 during the beginning of the Second World War, intended to raise the morale of the British public in the event of invasion.




Calm

 A desire arises in the mind. It is satisfied immediately another comes. In the interval which separates two desires a perfect calm reigns in the mind. It is at this moment freed from all thought, love or hate. Complete peace equally reigns between two mental waves.
Sivananda
 
Affliction is the wholesome soil of virtue, where patience, honor, sweet humility, and calm fortitude, take root and strongly flourish.
David Malle

After a storm comes a calm.
Matthew Henry

Am I calm all the time? That is a question to ask my mother. I am very happy in my home. I have a good family, that gives me something extra.
Jean Alesi


 

Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath.
Michael Caine

But when I lose my temper, I find it difficult to forgive myself. I feel I've failed. I can be calm in a crisis, in the face of death or things that hurt badly. I don't get hysterical, which may be masochistic of me.
Emma Thompson

Everybody should have his personal sounds to listen for - sounds that will make him exhilarated and alive or quiet and calm.
Andre Kostelanetz

Great events make me quiet and calm; it is only trifles that irritate my nerves.
Queen Victoria

He who is of calm and happy nature will hardly feel the pressure of age, but to him who is of an opposite disposition youth and age are equally a burden.
Plato

Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense.
 Mark Overby



I never felt settled or calm. You can't really commit to life when you feel that.
 Angelina Jolie

 Thanks for visiting ;0)

2 comments:

  1. If you could see the crowns I've just finished for my children to wear on Friday - you'd be smiling - the "motto's" on them are "Keep Calm and Eat Cake" (that's my son's) and "Keep Calm and Eat Cup Cakes" (that's my daughters.)

    They'll be on my blog on Friday... smiles.. accompanied by cards with the new Teddy Bo images... even BIGGER SMILES...

    Hugs,
    Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen they sound fantasic look forward to seeing your creations ! Thanks for taking time out to comment ;0) x

      Delete

Teddy Bo & Bea LOVE to hear what you think...your opinion is VERY important to them...xxxx